Albert is an Electrical and Rotating Machines Engineer with over three decades of experience in the field. He is recognised for his expertise in generators and high-voltage (HV) motors, primarily focusing on power generation and distribution.
His work involves investigating electrical and mechanical failures in power infrastructure. Albert’s professional journey spans various continents, including America, Europe, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia, giving him a nuanced understanding of local practices in these regions. He has a track record of conducting failure investigations, expert witness studies, and technical audits in power stations, transmission and distribution networks, onshore and offshore oil & gas production facilities, and marine propulsion systems.
Areas of Expertise:
• Generators and Auxiliary Systems
• Synchronous Compensators, Rotating Stabilizers, HV Motors
• Transformers, Bushings, Switchgear, Busbar Systems
• Battery Storage, Solar and Wind Turbine Systems
• Operation and Maintenance practices for Power Plants and Oil & Gas production facilities
• Claims Support for Generator and HV Motor Issues
• Repair Procedures for Rotating and Electrical Equipment
• Marine Electrical Propulsion and Generation Systems, particularly for Cruise Lines
Albert’s experience extends beyond technical consultancy. He has served as an expert witness in international arbitrations and offers specialized advice on generator-related issues. In his role, Albert is responsible for project management, including design reviews and condition assessments of essential electrical equipment.
Albert holds a Master’s degree from Cranfield University, with a specialization in the design of rotating machines, particularly in power generation technology.